I know it was only a couple of weeks ago when I posted the Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ball recipe, but I came up with another creation this weekend, and I just couldn’t wait to share it with you!
My friend, Kerri, and I were talking about how great raw cookies are and that she had shared the link to the cookie ball post with some of her friends. The feedback was that we might be in the middle of a bliss ball revolution! (bliss ball being a raw cookie ball) I heard their battle cry and was determined to come up with a new bliss ball creation
What inspired me with seeing fresh cherries in the grocery store. I love the summer for numerous reasons, but the number one reason is all the fresh fruits and vegetables that you can find in the supermarkets.
With fresh cherries now in my possession (and in my belly), I wanted to see how I could transform them into a fun summer-time treat. Looking at the cherries, I thought they were the perfect size and shape to be put on a stick. Hmmmm, Cherry Pops! I looked in my cupboard and found some candy sticks. OK, so, if I put fresh cherries on stick, it really isn’t anything except just that, cherries on a stick. Not my most creative effort
I went back to the pantry and started digging to see what I had:
Dried Cherries (this could be promising)
Seeing these four key ingredients, I knew I could whip up a batch of Raw Coconut Cherry Balls!
I started out as before, by using the food processor to mix the almonds and rolled oats into a flour-like consistency. I then added in syrup and coconut extract. I thought that adding the dried cherries would work the same as the dates, but it didn’t quite clump together enough to make balls, so I had to add dates to the mix. But since I added so many dried cherries, the cherry taste is still very prevalent. I then added the shredded coconut and chocolate chips and went to work at making Raw Coconut Cherry Balls.
But wait, as I glanced over to the other side of the kitchen, I saw the candy sticks that I had pulled out of the cupboard, alongside a bowl of fresh cherries. Then it hit me, of course, I am going to put these bliss balls on sticks! How fun is that
So, my contribution to the ongoing bliss ball revolution is a Raw Coconut Cherry Ball Pop, served along side with fresh Cherry Pops! I challenge you to carry on the good work of our bliss ball nation and create you own raw cookie treat!
Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
- 2/3 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 10 whole dates
- 5 tbsp unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 20 – 25 candy sticks
- Combine almonds and oats in your food processor. Mix together to form a course flour mixture.
- Add the coconut extract and maple syrup and blend again. The mixture will begin to clump together.
- Add in the dried cherries (1/3 cup at a time) while blending.
- Add in the dates (3 or 4 at a time) and blend until the mixture starts to stick together.
- Add in the coconut and continue to blend.
- Add in your chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp worth of mixture and form into balls.
- Mold balls onto candy sticks and put into fridge.
- Enjoy! These are really fun and cute for a summer BBQ.