Today the role of guest foodie will be played by Connie’s sister, Cherie.
I am constantly looking for healthy recipes and ways to make not-so-healthy foods healthier. I am known for adding protein powder to just about anything, and sneaking veggies in where they don’t belong – or so I am told 🙂
Unlike my sister, I tend to avoid cooking with Bacon, much to my husband’s dismay. I was excited when Connie sent me a link to a recipe for cookie dough balls; which are healthier than they sound.
As I was searching for other raw cookie recipes I came across a recipe for Spicy Mexican Raw Vegan Brownies posted by Karen Bell. I took this recipe and adjusted it for items that I have in my cupboard.
The end result is a yummy bite of chocolatey richness. These bites are perfect to curb that chocolate craving that we all get sometimes, and just one will do 😉
Adapted from Spicy Mexican Raw Vegan Brownies
Makes 24 brownie bites
- 1 1/2 cups Almonds
- dash of Sea Salt (I used Himalayan Pink Salt, as it was all I had)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 20 pitted honey dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- In a food processor, grind the almonds and salt until fine.
- Add the cocoa
- Add dates until dough forms, then continue to add the vanilla and water.
- Taste the dough at this point and add more dates if not sticky enough
- Scoop out a tablespoon full of dough and roll into a ball
- Add a raw almond or walnut on top for decoration, or sprinkle with cinnamon
- Refrigerate until ready to enjoy!