I have to admit, I don’t always bake from scratch. It’s not because I don’t want to but we don’t always have the time or all the ingredients needed on hand. There are those times when you have to cook for a pot luck at work or for your child’s school bake sale, and weeknight baking takes up a lot of time after getting dinner to the table and lunches ready for the next day.
Baking from a mix doesn’t always have to taste like it came from a mix. There are lots of alternative uses for cake mix. By doing a couple of extra steps you can take ordinary to the next level 🙂
I put this crumb topping on an Apple Caramel Cake, but it would work well on a spice cake or as a topping for oatmeal muffins.
- Boxed Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Quick Oats
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter (I used crunchy)
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Mix cake mix as per box instructions
- Combine Oats, Peanut Butter and Brown Sugar
- Put crumb mixture over prepared cake mix
- Bake as per cake mix instruction