Bacon. I love bacon. It is one simple food that is absolutely delicious on its own or enhances any other dish. I would eat it every day if I could, and there are some weeks when we do! Jamie and I have even baked with bacon (putting it in cookies and muffins) and the results are always outstanding.
Along with my love of bacon, I also love spicy foods. Bacon, traditionally is not spicy, but one night I was wondering how I could add some heat to the bacon I was about to fry up. The addition of jalapeños and red chili flakes turned normal bacon (which is just perfect on it’s own) into a super flavourful and spicy bite of deliciousness!
I love bacon (did I already mention this?)
- Red Chili Flakes to taste
- 2 Jalapeño Peppers – seeded & cut into matchsticks
- Place bacon in frying pan and sprinkle with red chili flakes
- Mid-way through frying add in jalapeño peppers
- Cook bacon to desired doneness