So I am back with another baking entry. I can’t help it, the heart wants what the heart wants 🙂
Jamie and I spent 6 hours in a car yesterday, and when we got home, I really wanted something sweet and salty. Well, the best combination to satisfy that craving is made with Peanut Butter and Chocolate.
As you follow me on my blogging journey you will discover that I quite often bake with Peanut Butter and Chocolate. Obviously, I did not grow up in a household with nut allergies.
This recipe is super easy, and it only makes about 20 cookies (well, we got 18 out of the batter, but I am sure that we ate the equivalent of two cookies in cookie dough) 🙂
Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens
100 Best Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter (I always use crunchy)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In large mixing bowl beat peanut butter, sugars and baking soda until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Stir in flour and chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten the cookie slightly with a fork (when we were growing up, a cookie marked with a fork was the universal sign of a peanut butter cookie).
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until cookies are puffed and lightly browned around the edges. Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer from the cookie sheet to a wire rack to cool.