You are likely expecting another recipe that starts with white flour, milk and some kind of fat (butter/shortening). Well, we can’t eat like that all the time, no matter how much we would love to, so I thought I would share with you one of my week-night favourites.
Jamie and I eat a lot of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. It is über healthy, but, as you know, it can be bland. I am always looking for new and exciting ways to spice up chicken. One night I looked in the pantry and fridge and started with some pretty basic, fresh ingredients and a can of diced tomatoes (we always have canned tomatoes on hand, as they make week-night cooking a snap).
The final product was moist, a bit spicy and delicious!
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 jalapeño peppers – seeded and diced
- 2 stalks celery – diced
- 1 medium onion – diced
- 1 cup mushrooms – chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Place some of the canned tomatoes on bottom of 9×13 baking dish
- Place Chicken Breasts in baking dish
- Season with Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder and Garlic Powder
- Top Chicken with remaining ingredients
- Cover with foil and place in pre-heated for 40 minutes